Monday, May 2, 2011

Carlsbad to Santa Fe


Tree in front of Ron and Barb's



This morning we said goodbye to Carlsbad and drove to Santa Fe. I am thinking that Montana needs to share the title of Big Sky Country with New Mexico.







We drove through Roswell and we didn't see any aliens though they were all welcomed on various fast food signs throughout the town. We bypassed the Alien museum, also.






We had set the mood for the drive by playing Blaine Reininger. Listening to it made me expect to see other life forms join us in the cars.


We stopped on one side road so that I could photograph some steers in a field.They were widely dispersed and after I shot some infrared images I decided to shoot some plain b&w so I could get the black dots floating in light grass. I had the imagine already composed in my brain.

Bevy of Bovine ~ Infrared film

As I turned my back to them and loaded one of my cameras with new film, Buz started laughing. He said,"You might find the landscape changed when you turn around."

Indeed I did! They all were crowding the fence. They had run full tilt to come up and see what I was up to. Never did get the shot in my brain as the only fell back a little bit when I waved my arms and made weird sounds. oh well.....

On to Santa Fe!

No comments: