Friday, May 6, 2011

Workshop: Day 3






Today was a half day and the air was charged with frantic energy as everyone tried to get their work done. Poor Mike was trying to get all the images printed for us on the one printer available to him. A second printer would definitely have helped out.



Jill demonstrated how to do an Apollo transfer using Purell hand sanitizer. A valuable tool as you can transfer an image onto any paper surface with this technique! yea!

I tried this with one of my images but didn't have time to work on it (add wax,etc.) so I will finish that one at home.

The image above is a hand colored image of mine that was scanned and then printed on silk, adhered to prepared wax board and then wax added over the surface and fused. Some of the color in the inks smeared a bit but it is OK as far as I am concerned. It also has an uneven surface on it and I kind of like the texture of it. Of course the feel and patina of the wax is something you can't get from a photo.

In between working on our images, we did some group photos including one I did with my new 360* Spinner camera. Hope those images come out! We helped clean up and then everyone was on their way. I can't wait to experiment with some of the techniques I learned when I get home!

Here are the wacky images! You can click on them to make them larger.





When I returned to the motel I had another package waiting for me- a Mother's day gift from my sweet son! Wow! Two days in a row that I was moved to tears by my thoughtful children. What a great week!

No comments: