Monday, May 2, 2011

Santa Fe Storms



As we approached Santa Fe we could see storms to the west and it was spitting snow. We heard that Albuquerque got 6" of snow the night before. we had not anticipated mid-40's in Santa Fe during our visit. That was the same temperature as back in Wisconsin! However once we had checked in to our motel I took off for the hills as I knew that usually there are no clouds around. I wanted the drama of the sky while it lasted. I drove toward the storms and ended up on Vista Dr. with many beautiful homes and a beautiful road on the top of a ridge so that I could see in both directions.

Looking to the west and south I saw the storms passing through....








....and in the other direction I saw snow covered peaks and stacked fluffy clouds. And though it was in the high 40's it felt much warmer in the sunshine.... or maybe when I am photographing I forget about the cold.




My lovely Garmin lead me home in a jiffy. Buz and I went out to dinner and then I brought him back up on the ridge to watch a sunset that painted Santa Fe and the hills pink! Not a bad first day here!

No comments: